Sex in middle age and well beyond it is undeniably one of the greatest taboos in modern society. However, despite the fact that most people in this age group simply choose not to discuss it in public, this does not mean that they do not. Do… and how else do! If you also want to encourage your partner to have more regular sex after entering the 50s, take some time to listen to the recommendations of Sekss.lv smart experts.
MIDDLE AGE DOES NOT MEAN SEXUAL DECLINE
Masturbation, vaginal, oral and even anal sex – these pleasurable activities do not have to disappear from your life just because you have reached a certain age. Of course, facing a wide range of societal prejudices about middle-aged sex can be a little intimidating, but it should never stop you from having sexual pleasure.
Although modern society’s perception of intimate life after the age of 50 is almost non-existent, recent survey data suggest that middle-aged couples are surprisingly active in this area. Namely, more than 55% of couples over the age of 50 admit that sex is still a very important part of their lives. The most striking revelation, however, applies to couples over the age of 70 – as many as 35% of the surveyed couples do not hide when they tend to engage in sexual activities at least once a week! Hat off!
FIGHT WITH A HUGE DROP IN LIBIDO
One of the most common problems entering the 50+ age group is undoubtedly the rapid decrease in libido levels. This quibble is quite a natural event – the older we get, the less often sex is at the top of our priorities. But how to fight it? A personalized approach is desirable here, ie one recommendation will not be able to help everyone. It would be desirable to start solving the specific problem with each other. Find out how important regular sex is to you, and discuss things that stand in the way of it, such as excessive fatigue or chronic back pain.
Sex experts emphasize that sexual function has no expiration date – it all depends on the person’s own desire to get involved in this process!
In addition to the decrease in libido, couples in this age group may also face the following problems:
- Vaginal dryness;
- Erectile dysfunction;
- Premature ejaculation;
- Inability to get excited;
- Rising levels of anxiety;
- Vaginal muscle spasms;
- Other menopausal changes.
FEEL FREE TO CONSULT A SEXOLOGIST
There is no point in making a big deal about any of the above – additional excitement will give you and your body more and more fear of future attempts to establish sexual intercourse. Instead of whining about the fact that your path to the peaks of pleasure is blocked because of your age, go for professional support and visit a sexologist.
But what to expect from a sexologist? The main task of those who asked for this position is to acquaint you with the basic principles of healthy love in any age group, as well as to support you on the way to your goal. The main treatment method of a sexologist is a mutual conversation – these doctors do not examine the physical bodies or genitals of patients!
USEFUL TIPS FOR GREAT SEX
Based on the opinions of world-renowned American sexologists, we have compiled 6 great recommendations that will be useful for every couple in a particular age group:
- Introduce regular physical activity into your routine. They will not only strengthen the muscles of your bodies but will also improve your mood and possibly make you feel more intimate;
- Let the ideas whale! In a long-term relationship, it is very important not to forget about diversity. Maybe it’s finally the right time to buy one of the famous sex toys ?;
- Don’t forget the importance of foreplay! Passionate kisses, use of massage oils, oral sex – the possibilities are endless! The key is to understand that in this age group, your bodies need longer to warm up and be fully in the mood for sex;
- In case your partner’s or partner’s thoughts about erotic sex suppress the excruciating back pain, consider changing your favorite posture. For example, making love in a missionary pose can only hurt your back – try one of the spoon-friendly spoon poses !;
- To improve your well-being and relax your body, sexologists recommend taking a warm bath before sex. This soothing procedure will help you relax, as well as give you time to think carefully about your perfect foreplay strategy;
- Remember, lubricant is your best ally – it can never be too much!
Sekss.lv confirms that sex after 50 and well after this age is always a great idea. Making love will make you feel young again, as well as take care of your vigor and vitality in the later years of life!