Many people often experience the following situation – when stress occurs, the desire to have sex disappears. In fact, stress is the primary reason why couples stop having sex. And this can cause problems in the relationship. How not let stress suppress the desire for sex?
Stress can lead to intolerance to a partner’s behavior as well as disputes when physical and emotional needs are not met. If you are not sure whether the loss of libido is due to stress, check the symptoms:
- Feel particularly irritable? You may not want to make as much contact with your partner and you may feel less able to rely on the relationship to provide comfort. Every little thing your partner does can seem to have a huge impact on your attitude, and it makes you both argue.
- Can’t get excited? When women experience stress, their oxytocin levels are low, which means that they will not want to make love. When men are stressed, their testosterone levels are depleted and they may not be in the mood to have sex.
- Can’t reach the climax? If you can’t tune your mind to the moment, it will reduce your chances of having an orgasm. In addition, stress does not allow you to relax, which also dispels the possibility of reaching the peak of pleasure.
- Hard to fantasize about sex? As sexual desire begins in the brain, sexy thoughts about a partner can create the right mood. But, thoughts of intimacy are hard to turn on when the mind focuses on everything that causes stress.
So how to leave the stress behind the bedroom door?
- Speak up. If you are not in the mood, your partner can perceive it personally. Avoid further relationship problems by explaining WHY you are not in the mood.
- Take time to connect and have fun together. Plan a date or activities together. If you are really too tired or stressed to have sex, find another way to stay connected together.
- Sex as a priority. The more you have it, the more you will want it. In addition, if you show some desire, there is a good chance that it will excite you and eventually realize that sex is an amazing stress reliever.
- Remember love . If you catch yourself getting angry at your loved one, remember that stress can significantly worsen a relationship. Think of all the good things that made you fall in love with this person and try to regain those feelings.